photo home_zps54502f38.jpg photo about_zps54e7cdcc.jpg photo askme_zpsc809bee9.jpg    photo youtube_zpse0ab03bf.jpg photo twitter_zpsb5423cd0.jpg photo instagram_zps0c76a61c.jpg photo pinterest_zps9a893904.jpg

Wednesday 17 April 2013

gotta let it happen;

Good eeeeevening, pretties!

When it comes to make-up, a girl's skin is like her fingerprint. Although it can look the same, everyone is unique, and should treat their faces that way when it comes to skincare and the products they choose. What may work for one person, may not  work for another - whether you fall under the same 'category' (ie dry/oily/combination) or not. These are just my personal views on this product so please take them with a pinch of salt as it will not be this way for everyone!

I have particularly troublesome skin; it's dry in areas, and oily to varying degrees in others. Not to mention pale, blotchy, freckly, uneven and can get really spotty if I don't treat it well/use the right products. This has meant that finding a foundation that's right for me has been a bit of a trial, and I've pretty much been through every foundation under the sun (well, that's probably a lie. But I've definitely been through quite a few!). 

I generally stick to highstreet or 'drug store' products, from Boots to Superdrug or the like. I have a relatively big budget when it comes to my makeup, but not so much so that I can trial the higher end without being certain I like it first. That's why I was one very happy lady when I saw that this foundation was around the same price that I've been paying for lower-end brands.

(I originally discovered these through MUA Lisa Eldridge's YouTube video playlist dedicated to foundation, I found them extremely useful and so far she has never led me wrong when it comes to makeup products. If you'd like to see the videos for yourself, click here

The 'Beautifully Matte' range promises to keep skin shine-free all day. I have to admit I was sceptical as my skin barely lasts an hour without producing oils and giving me a horrible sheen, but I am pleased to say that I found this to be pleasantly surprising. While it may not last ALL day, it certainly keeps my skin matte for many more hours than it would be using any other foundation. 
A point to note, is that if you use the primer first, you should allow it to set into the skin for a few minutes before applying the BM foundation, otherwise it is far less effective. This means it may not be suitable for busy girls on the go!

While shine-free is ideal for photos, it does contain SPF 15 which is not. 

The foundation comes in a range of 14 shades and is hypo-allergenic, so great for anyone with sensitive skin like me! It also contains skin-friendly ingredients such as Cucumber Extract to soothe skin, Meadowsweet to minimise blemishes and Salicylic Acid, an exfoliating ingredient that cleanses the pores and fights spot-causing bacteria. The only downside of the Salicylic Acid, is that for particular skin types it can be very drying, so may not be ideal for some combination skins. This is a medium to full coverage foundation and is extremely buildable as required.

One last detail is the packaging. Although the pump bottle for the foundation is plastic, it has a matte finish to it which I find to be a nice touch, and does at least look more expensive than it feels. It comes in a 30ml bottle which is fairly standard for most brands. The primer is in user-friendly squeezey packaging that makes it easy to get every last drop out, ensuring you get your money's worth!

A comparison:

My skin at the end of the day, using my old foundation (it doesn't even show up as oily here as is true, but was the best representation I could get under any lighting!):

VS

My skin at the end of the day with No7 Beautifully Matt:
I wish you were able to tell better but there really is a huge difference!

CONS: the only con I have for this makeup is that by the end of the day it can feel a little thick, and where it smoothed over your pores to begin with, can start to settle into them. However, it's nothing a quick touch up can't fix!

If you're looking for a lightweight, barely-there foundation, this is probably not for you. But the primer alone would be a nice alternative to the two together, for those of you brave enough to go bare. Possibly even for wearing at the gym to avoid any heavy make-up whilst working out, but still looking impossibly fresh at all times!

Rating: 8/10


What foundations are you trying and buying this week? And what are your make-up essentials?

ex oh ex oh


Amant de la mode
 


No comments:

Post a Comment